Icemaster 100 Glycol Chiller with Stainless Bulkheads
The IceMaster 100 is the perfect glycol chiller for small to medium volume beer makers. It offers high performance despite its compact size so it is well suited for jacketed fermenters and brite tanks.
This unit does not come with a pump. You must have a pump to move the glycol to your fermenter. If you need a pump, try our Glycol Pump Kit! Up to four Glycol Pump Kits will work with one Icemaster allowing you to separately control the fermentation temperature of 4 tanks or fermenters.
The Icemaster can be used with any fermenter that has a built in cooling jacket or a submersed cooling coil. It works well as the cooling source for the following systems and fermenters.
- Ss Brewtech Fermenters and Brites with optional FTS Temperature Control Systems: Because FTS systems include a pump and controller you will not need to buy a separate Glycol Pump Kit.
- Spike Conical with Optional Cooling Package - Because the optional Spike cooling system includes a pump and controller you will not need to buy a separate Glycol Pump Kit.
- Speidel Tanks with Optional Cooling Jackets - You will need one Glycol Pump Kit for each tank.
- Grainfather Fermenters - Grainfather fermenters have standard cooling jackets. You will need one Glycol Pump Kit for each fermenter
- Blichmann Fermenators with Optional Cooling Coil - You will need one Glycol Pump Kit for each Fermenator.
It is always difficult to determine exactly how many tanks can be chilled at one time as it depends on what is happening in each tank, if the tank is insulated, and what the ambient temperature is. Cold crashing always requires the most energy and requires tank insulation. We have experimented with capacities and can provide this general guide based on a 75 degree ambient and neoprene insulation. Neoprene does not provide much in the way of insulation, so you would obtain better results using Armaflex or a higher R rating insulation. If only controlling fermentation temps, the capacity would be higher. Four Glycol Pump Kits is the maximum that will fit in the Icemaster. We are working on smaller glycol pump kits, where the pumps have smaller footprints, so the Icemaster right now has the capacity to use 5 pumps through the bulkhead fittings.
Cold Crashing capacity at 75F with neoprene insulation (double for fermentation temperature control):
2 - 1BBL (31 Gallon) Tank with neo
3 to 4 - 1/2BBL (15-20 Gallon) Tanks
4+ - 10-14 Gallon Tanks
4+ - 5-7 Gallon Tanks
In order to hook up the Icemaster to your fermenter or tank's cooling system, you will need 4 lengths of tubing. All tubing connections should be secured with hose clamps.
- Length 1: Submersible pump outlet to inner barb of 1st bulkhead
- Length 2: Outer barb of 1st bulkhead to cooling system inlet
- Length 3: Cooling system outlet to outer barb of 2nd bulkhead
- Length 4: Inner barb of 2nd bulkhead to Icemaster resevoir (should drain freely, no connection necessary)
- 40L / 10 Gallon Water Tank Capacity
- 3/8 HP compressor
- 950 Watt/3200btu Cooling Capacity
- r134a Refrigerant
- Includes 10 stainless bulkheads with 3/8" OD Barbs
- Dimensions: 16.1 in x 16.1 in x 26 in