Animal Rennet (Liquid) - 2oz.
This single strength liquid animal rennet is the highest quality form of rennet available on the U.S. market today and is NON-GMO. Liquid rennet is easy to measure and add to milk, which makes it a favorite for both beginner and advanced cheese makers alike.
- Veal rennet
- Sodium chloride
- Sodium acetate
- Propylene glycol
- Potassium sorbate
Store in the refrigerator
1/2 teaspoon will set 2 gallons of milk in approximately 45 minutes
- 1 oz | approximately 6 tsp | sets up to 24 gallons of milk
- 2 oz | approximately 12 tsp | sets up to 48 gallons of milk
- 1 pint | approximately 96 tsp | sets up to 384 gallons of milk
- 1 quart | approximately 192 tsp | sets up to 768 gallons of milk
- 1 gallon | approximately 768 tsp | sets up to 3072 gallons of milk
Mix required amount of rennet in about 1/4 cup cool, non-chlorinated water. Immediately add diluted rennet to milk, gently stir for 1 minute, to evenly distribute.
Note: The amount will vary on the condition of your milk, season and type of cheese you are making.